The Yankton County Sheriff's Office is currently taking applications for the position of Yankton County Jailer to form an eligibility list for hire. Minimum qualifications are:
For the full description and application click on the following links:
- High School diploma or G.E.D. certification.
- Ability to obtain one (1) week basic Jail training Certification within 12 months of hire date.
- No prior felony criminal record.
- Knowledge of procedures of jail facilities, codes, and statutes that apply to detention and legal process.
- Ability to demonstrate good communication skills, written and oral.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with the inmates, public and private agencies, general public and other employees.
- Ability to function effectively under stressful conditions.
- Currently possess or ability to obtain First Aid/First Responder and CPR Certification.
- Ability to use good judgment and objective decision making.
Yankton County Jailer Job Description
Yankton County Sheriff's Office Employment Application